Building upon their recent research and adopting The Manifesto of Phyto-centred Design as a compass for further critical reflection, the founders of studio d‑o-t‑s will establish connections with local institutions and practitioners active in the field of plant cultivation, education, and conservation.
A Lab for Rapid
Curatorial-driven, the LAB is an innovation laboratory and incubator promoting research, multidisciplinary studies, knowledge exchange, and the advancement of complex ideas and networks. The LAB will inform practice in the field of design and enable the development new strategies and special projects in the museum.
Key research clusters include:
- Creating Rapid Response Curatorial Strategies
- Rethinking permanent collection displays
- Proposing new ways of collecting and exhibiting design
- Creating new opportunities/partnerships for the Museum
- Creating new modes of curatorial work
- Developing new types of collaboration among SKD museums
- Exploring new platforms for public interaction
- Serving as an incubator to develop new design projects within the digital strategy of the museum
The LAB will host a series of residencies, workshops, and partner events possibly leading to exhibitions, products or services, and publications. Its programme involves collaboration with local and international universities, companies, research institutions, scholars and partners from all over Germany and abroad.
This project explores experimental algorithmic ways to produce and display digital image clusters. This will inspire new human interpretations of digital collections.
An experimental educational program aiming to create full scale conceptual case studies of nanotourism through site-specific, participatory and locally-oriented processes.
Transnational network exploring the history of German schools of decorative arts between 1850 and 1920